Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Penne tonno e olive

Penne Tonno e Olive (pasta with tuna and olives sauce)
Today at lunch I prepared this 'easy' pasta with home made sauce , the sauce was with tomatoes (a must!) , tuna and olives. this kind of pasta is called "penne" I like this kind of pasta very much. Usually I prepare this when I don't have a lot of time , anyway today I put more attention and care in sauce. mm this cos I was thinking about this article too :-) I think also it was a good start for this blog, something typical and easy to prepare.

Ingredients:
olive oil
garlic 1 piece
half onion
about 10 olives
100 g of tuna
a can of tomatoes in pulp
1 - 2 fresh tomato
salt , a tea spoon
a little pinch of sugar
a little pinch of red hot pepper
parmesan chees
penne pasta :-) usually I take flat plate of penne for each person.



Cut the onion and the piece of garlic in little pieces as in the picture .


Put some olive oil in a pot , then add onion and garlic pieces and the pinch of red hot pepper, put the pot in a low fire and let it get golden.


Add the olives , the tuna and mix it with a spoon for half minute .  (Save 3 olives and the fresh tomato in a plate, you ll need it later) At this point add the tomatoes pulp in the pot, the teaspoon of salt and I add half teaspoon of sugar. ( few sugar is optional, it will cut the acidity of tomatoes!! Have you ever seen godfather movie ? They prepared sauce with a few sugar too :-)) but this is not a menace! )
Mix it all, with a spoon , let it go for about 15 minutes on middle - low fire.
Start to prepare also the water for pasta, in pasta pot put water and put it on fire.


The sauce is almost done, at this point I took an handy  mincer and I mince the sauce to obtain a creamy sauce.
I put a cover on the pot and I let it go for 5-10 minutes more with low fire ,
aa don't forget, how the hell kitchen chef often say "taste it" :-) if it need more salt or similar.
Water for pasta must be boiling now, add a spoon of salt in boiling water.
Penne usually take 11 minutes to be ready.
While penne is cooking we have last duty..
We still have the fresh tomato and some olive remember?
At this point I took the fresh tomato and I cut it in little cubes, I took also some olive and cut in little pieces.


Ok penne must be ready now , put it on a plate , add the sauce , add parmesan cheese and decorate with pieces of fresh tomato and olive!!

I have also another fastest recipe to make penne and tuna sauce, I called this "survival pasta", very fast to prepare and done in 15 - 20 minutes maybe good material for another post in future.

Do you like penne ? I hope you enjoy it! ;-)

3 comments:

  1. .. some fresh water can help !! I think to taste food is important, especially in first try of a new recipe.
    Otherwise food can be too much salty, too much bitter or too much sweet! or raw or whatelse :-) Yeah I noticed at chinese restaurants they serve food hot as hell even here in Turin!! We like warm food in winter, never too much hot!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grazie per la ricetta Penne (Google translate). My son loves Italian food. I hope he does'nt find it a pain to cook Penne for himself.
    Ciao

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caro Zio , don't worry! I ate this today and I'm still alive ;-)
    Don't try this with ketchup ;-)

    ReplyDelete