Wednesday, January 26, 2011

rock ..and Springrolls

involtini primavera - springrolls


Let's spring-rolls !! As I said when I post about dumplings , one of my favorite Chinese food are spring-rolls.
One of my troubles was the wrappers, Is almost impossible to find it in the town  where I live. Maybe somewhere in Turin is available, but I have no idea where to find it!
In an Italian website I find a recipe that suggest in this case how to prepare wrappers myself, so I tried this.
with 200 gr of white flour and some water, I prepared a simply  dough , like the one of dumplings!
with this dough I made some flat wrappers as in the picture.


For the filling I had some cabbages , some leeks , some carrots and  half onion plus  some salt.


At this point I simply rolled the filling in many spring-rolls using the wrappers I made.


OK the shape is not perfect :-)

Now I had just to fry my spring-rolls .


After this I put spring-rolls on some cooking paper to adsorb the extra oil.


OK spring-rolls are ready! 
I think the taste was quite good and enough similar to the one I ate at Chinese restaurant, next time  I ll have just to add some salt to the flour pastry. It was a little to much sweet at the end!!
I have also in my mind some variations in fillings, I think this procedure is also good to try some "sofficini" like rolls. :-)



2 comments:

  1. You did an excellent job with these spring rolls. I have never tried to make them from scratch. Thank you for stopping by my blog. I am following back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Katerina , your blog is very nice and interesting too, baguette recipe is interesting I like to bake bread too . I will try with your baguette recipe!

    ReplyDelete