Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Salmon Pizza



If you like salmon then it´s good to try salmon pizza. I got this idea from Fabio..he told me I should try it so I did! I think the Swedish will love this recipe because they LOVE salmon!
In Sweden, there are lots of Pizzaeria..mostely these pizzaria are owned by people from Middle Eastern. The topping is far too complicated for my taste..I wonder where all this ideas come from? Would you be surprise if I tell you there are Swedish people eat banana, starwberry, , kebah, curry chicken, jam even chocolate on pizza? To me that´s weird! I prefer the classic one, I feel that pizza should have clean taste, if too many different topping, the taste will be too complicated. I prefer to spend more time making sure the bread are prepared properly..with quality and care. If possible, I like to used wholemeal flour because it´s more healthier!

Here´s is a great recipe I tried using wholemeal flour

Ingredients

2 cups whole wheat flour
2 tsp fresh yeast ,crumbled
1 tsp sugar
2 tbsp olive oil or oil
1 tsp salt

Method

1. Combine all the ingredients except the olive oil in a bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water until it is smooth and elastic (approx. 5 to 7 minutes).
2. Add the olive oil and knead again.
3. Cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth and allow it to prove till it doubles in volume (approx. 15 to 20 minutes).
4. Press the dough lightly to remove the air.
5. Divide the dough into 2 equal parts.
6. Roll each portion into a circle of 250 mm. (10") diameter and 6 mm. (1/4") thickness.
7. Use as required.

How to make swedish grav salmon? You can either buy it ready from supermarket or marinate it yourself.


Here´s is how you can do it yourself from scratch:

This traditional Swedish method of curing salmon is easy to do at home. Fish must be very fresh.

Fillet or have filleted by the fishmonger, leaving the skin on:

1 salmon (4 to 5 pounds)

Mix together:
2 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups salt
2 Tbspns. of crushed white peppercorns
1 Tbsp. black pepper

Rub fillets all over with this mixture. On the flesh side of one of the fillets, lay:

2 cups coarsely chopped fresh dill, including stems.
Sprinkle with:
2 Tbspns. brandy, aquavit, plain or lemon-flavoured vodka, or other spirits.

Lay the other fillet flesh side down on top of the dill-covered fillet. Wrap in plastic wrap or cheesecloth, sprinkling the outside with any scraps of dill or remaining salt mixture. Place on plate, cover with another plate, and top the whole package with 3 or 4 pounds of weight. Refrigerate.

Twice a day, open package and baste the fish all over with the juice it has exuded. Wrap it up again. The gravlax is done when it is opaque, usually in 3 days but it could be 2 or 4. Thinly slice.

Gravlax keeps well, covered and refrigerated for several days. To keep gravlax in the refrigerater be sure and pour off all the brine -- otherwise it will get too salty.

This salmon pizza is not the typical pizza with tomatoes sauce.

I like more flavouur in my filling, so I marinated the mozellla cheese in olive oil, little salt and some dried basil leaf.


I also sitr fried the onion & yellow pepper with a little with some balsam vinegar and sugar so it´s more tastier and softer.




It´s better to add mozzarella cheese 5 mins before due time so it´s not over cooked..it will give a pizza cheesy effect and it more moist too! Make sure the oven is hot..I have it set at 250 degree and the first initial baking time is 8 mins fellow by another 5 mintues with the mozzarella.

You put the salmon and rucola salad ONLY before serving because the pickles salmond is more tasty raw. You can also add more parmesan cheese for extra flavours!

Hope you like this recipe too! Ciao!

2 comments: