Thursday, February 10, 2011

Fast Food?

Hamburger with fried cauliflower "svizzerina e cavolfiori impanati"
Sometimes I like to eat some hamburger, this dish is also fast to cook ;-) .
In Italy we called hamburger also "svizzerina" ( this means little Switzerland )
My granny use to call it like that. I searched about why we prefer Switzerland to hamburg :-)  I find that we call it just to indicate the "origin" of recipe, and we link it to germans languages areas , the near place with german recipes maybe was Switzerland ..
hamburger preparation : Usual we think hamburger as fat and not healthy food, here I try to make it as much healthy as possible.
I grilled it with olive oil , little pinch of salt and few chili pepper (that have good anti-bacterias property) . 
Of course not much red hot chili pepper , otherwise it will burn your tongue as hell :-)) 
Anyway if you like it spicy , or if you put too much pepper as mistake consider that some bread or  drink some milk will reduce the burn sensation, much more than one liter of water!!
I didn't add any mayonnaise (too fat!) if you like.. put some ketchup  ;-)
cauliflower preparation: This take sometimes more ;-)
I steamed cauliflower (if you re hurry you can steam it faster in pressure pot , but consider that this maybe will destroy all vita-mines)
I whip in a plate  the white of an egg then I add the red and I whip it more :-) , I add some salt and again few chili pepper.  I put pieces of cauliflower in the egg, then I pass it in dry bread dust.
I fried it and then I dry it in cooking paper and serve with the grilled hamburger!

Ingredients:

1 beef hamburger (pork hamburger or chicken hamburger is also good!)

olive oil

salt

chily pepper

some cauliflower
1 egg

dry bread powder

Preparation:

Step 1 Grill the hamburger with some olive oil , little pinch of salt and few chili pepper .
Step 2 If you like.. put some ketchup
Step 3 Cauliflower preparation:
Step 4 Cut cauliflower in some pieces
Step 5 Steam cauliflower for 10 minutes
Step 6 Whip in a plate the white the egg
Step 7 Add the red and I whip it more
Step 8 Add some salt and few chili pepper.
Step 9 Put pieces of cauliflower in the egg.
Step 10 Pass it in dry bread dust.
Step 11 Fried it
Step 12 Dry it in cooking paper
Step 13 Serve with the grilled hamburger






4 comments:

  1. This is a good recipe...I will try this sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never fried cauliflower. I think it should taste great. I will try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cauliflower looks delicious!

    Hazel @ Tasty Pursuits

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah fried cauliflower are very good ;-) I love it !!

    ReplyDelete