Thursday, February 10, 2011

Something good against flu and cold :-)

A list of food that  help the immune system and raises the body's natural defenses:
 
1) ... cinnamon, which has antibacterial and disinfectant. 
When I find this I was surprised, now I add often some cinnamon powder , also the taste is good ( I try it in beef, tomatoes sauces) 

2) The onion, diuretic and anti-inflammatory, capable of promoting recovery from colds and bronchitis. 
I knew this, I often add minced onions every time I can .

3) Blueberries, the antibacterial function, useful in case of urinary tract infections.
Also this surprised me, I knew blueberries have a lot of vitamins that help eyes but I didn't knew it help and that's good as anti-bacterias.

4) The chili pepper, known antibacterial, used in very hot countries to improve the body's defenses against infections and food-borne diseases.

I knew this , I use chili pepper instead of common black pepper very often.


5) Prebiotic foods such as fruits and vegetables (especially chicory), are characterized by the presence of carbohydrates, which stimulate the growth and metabolism of certain specific types of intestinal bacteria, with positive results on the functioning of the intestine, and everything ' body.

I knew also that veggy are very healthy, but I didn't know is because of carbohydrates


6) Probiotics, which regularize the intestine, considered the heart of the entire immune system: the intestinal flora, in fact, is able to release substances that fight inflammation and strengthen the defenses.

Yeah I think a good idea is eat yogurt ( pro-biotic)  with fresh blueberry and maybe some cinnamons.
Then a salad with fresh vegetables , light cooked carrots (cook too much destroy vitamins) , with some fresh cut onions can be very good in winter ;-)
Also fresh fruit salad is very good!!

7) Garlic To this list I add also garlic that is know  as natural antibiotic.

8) Walnuts Walnuts is very good for omega 3 balance and is a natural resource of magnesium that help metabolism of glucose in cells.

9) Mallow , mallow is a natural herb. this is a natural and good antiflamatory , it's very good against cough. Tea with mallow is great for this.

10) honey and propolis  (two other products good against coughs and colds)


1 comment: