Sunday, February 6, 2011

Eat with your eyes!





There´s one common phase about eating in Sweden ..they said "Eat your eye!" This mean food presentation is very important here, the swedish like to know what they are eating, preferbaly food that look as it original form, the look of swedish food is often kept clean and simple. I think Asian would find it too simple and tasteless cos it did´nt look so "prepared". I notice this term when I tasted seafood in Göterborg and Stockholm last summer. The city are well know for it famous seafood. The concept of seafood here are very different from Asian, I think Asian people who are so used to freshly prepared seafood will not agree with the way seafood is served..probaly to the point they might even complain.."Eeee why the food is not cooked? So it´s just salt added for seasoning, no way!?"
This was what I thought in my mind initially too..but after some thinking and tasting I think it´s after all one of the best way to serve seafood as it should be in it´s most natural form inorder to taste the natural flavour of oceans. This is just my personal taste and point of view. I hope the Asians dont throw rotten egg at me ok?

Yeah..how much does it cost to eat seafood in Sweden? It all depend on where you eat. The seafood restuarant I tried at Göterborg was´nt so expensive considering you can eat as much as you like at one fixed price of 400kr (40 Euro).The restuarant I went is a classy one. The concept is more like a up market pub where business man hang out for beer and seafood after work. The seafood are served in a multi-tier plate filled with crushed ice and filled with many different kind of sea harvest.
There were both cooked & smoked shrimps in which I like very much for it´s unique sweetness and smoky flavour..this is something you must try when you visit Sweden, the shrimps... and also some crab, which are steamed, this I find it rather tasteless because I am so used to the Singaporean chilly & black pepper crab! (Which is so far the best I ever know!) some turkish clayfish which is cooked in strong beer and her, some slices of fresh salmond..(may be should advice them to include washabi, and some fresh scallops..(this I am not sure I would recommend it for people with weak stomach, may be it will give you diarea, I will eat it if I ever want to loose 2 kg in a day!) and some a few fresh oysters. The Swedish normally eat seafood with bread, specially homemade butter and some creamy, lemony dipping sauce.

If you like to know where to eat & what to eat in Sweden, let me know ..I will try my best to give you some tips.


No comments:

Post a Comment