Sunday, February 6, 2011

Lady Gaga ....art or statement?



When I first saw Lady Gaga in this outfit, my first instinct was..hmmmm I can do this too!!!! Except that I will use the idea on my food!!!
I am not sure if this is art, or fashion, to me it´s just an attention-grabbing stunt. Who ever who thought about this idea..must be hungry!

Anyway, making dinner for me is often quite fun because I like challenge! Swedish normally will not spend more than half hour to prepare everyday dinner..to me, that´s a fantastic idea! Here´s is one dish I like to share that require only half hour to prepared.
Fish are normally sold frozen like I mentioned earlier..so just before I go to work, I will make sure I put out one packet of meat, fish or chicken to defrost for the whole day, by the time I get back, it´s perfectly defrosted! Here in Sweden, the indoor room temperature during winter is between 18 - 27 degree in most house.
For this fast & easy fish dish, I place some smoked cheese on the center of fish filér, I also seasoned it with a little pepper and lemon skin to get rid of the fishy smell. To make it easier to roll around bacon around the fish, I used toothpick to fasten the opening.

You dont have to be perfect to do this, just make sure you keep the cheese inside..but doing the toothpick, it make work easier for the bacon to go around the fish, top it with more cheese. You see I did not add any salt here? Yes, the bacon are normally quite salty, so you can quit using salt. The Swede normally add more salt because they prefer it more salty.

Pop the fish into the hot oven 225 degree and bake it for 25 mins.

Serve with potatis and salad!
I brought ready made potato gratang & baked it together with the fish..fast & easy...just POP EVERYTHING into oven and dinner is ready in 30 mins!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment