Sunday, February 6, 2011

Chinese New year ..traditional food

IMAG1597
I remember when I was a child, one of my favourite food is steamboat. Steamboat during the 80´s is consider a luxury food. We only eat them a few times a year..and to many chinese family steamboat is one of the most popular dinner during the reunion dinner during Chinese new year. Steamboat is perfect in Sweden irregardless of the seasons.
Best, I think is during winter.The spicy hot herb soup is what a cold body need.
Here are a few picture I took at my last steamboat party..

First I boiled the soup with some chinese herb, like Goji berry (very good antioxidant)when people heard about the magic power of this berry, the scientist claimed that this Goji berry is good remedie for many critical illness..this berry is quite expensive here, people respect it alot, but it´s so cheap in Asian and of the best quality too! and also some dried red dates, ginger to keep body temperature, salt, spring onion, yellow onion and a fried fish for flavour.
IMAG1566

While the soup is cooking, I prepare the marinate. I used moose fliér here. If you like your meat to be tender, use a little bi-carbonate powder to marinate the meat 20 mintues..rinse off with cold water after that.Then marinate it with crushed garlic, light soya sause, salt, seasame oil, ginger juice, corn flour and black pepper.
IMAG1562

I love vegetable, especially marinate one. I used fresh mushroom and egg plant as side dish..I marinate them with some crushed garlic, soya, sugar, olive oil, & black pepper.
IMAG1556
IMAG1554

Nelina love meat balls in the soup, so I mixed some salt, pepper, spring onions, seasame oil and corn flour with minced beef. If you want the meat ball to bounch to reach the ceiling...use potatos flour instead of corn flour!
IMAG1547

I brought this korean style 2 in 1 steamboat and BBQ hotplate in Singapore. Yeah, I know it´s kind of too big..but I often bring empty lagguaes and filled it with lots of goodies..as thought there´s a war coming!
I love this kind of stuff, very difficult to find it here..if I could find them, it probably cost a bomb!
IMAG1592-1

No comments:

Post a Comment