Monday, February 7, 2011

Onion Soup - A Natural Remedies for Cold, Flu and Asthma

I have astma. I knew I should have had vaccine every year so I do not to put up with this troublesome illness. I heard from Fabio about the natural remedies to fight cold and flu so I thought I gave it a shot! I am surprise that Onion is the number 2 best remedie for flu.First place is Garlic as it can kill harmful bacteria and viruses and even eliminate fungi, 2nd place is Onion, Onion soup is also used to fight flues, common colds.
Garlic is used in seasoning since hundreds of years for many conditions, and garlic is also known to bolster your immune system, making your body more efficient at fighting off invaders as well. Garlic should be included in foods regularly, and you can also chew on a raw clove if you do not mind the garlic breath or strong taste and odor. This natural remedy will definitely clear your sinuses and relieve symptoms.
One of the most common and effective natural remedies for flu is an onion. One method is to mix equal parts of honey and onion juice, and take a couple of teaspoons every four to six hours. Onion soup is also used to fight flues, common colds and asthma at times. The heat of the soup and the nutrition can help relieve symptoms while shortening the duration. Onion tea can also be made by slicing one small onion and boiling in water until cooked. Strain out the onion and drink the tea. The taste is not great, so you may need to add sweeteners, but this natural flu remedy can help you get better sooner.

To be kaisu, I added both garlic and lots of onion in this French Onion Soup recipe!
Hope for double killing!!

To make this delicious soup, I chopped 4 large onion finely with 30gm of butter. I slowly cooked it till light brown under low heat..(15 mins) I think if you add salt, it will speed up the browning process.



After that, I add 100ml of sherry, 850ml of boiling water, I cube of beef broth, some chilly peppers, 3 tables spoons of tomatoes puree, and a little dark soya sauce. Let the mixture simmer under medium low heat for half hour..the liquid will eventually evaporate. I added 100ml of fresh full cream for the creamy taste..you dont have to add it if you afraid of fat.


The soup is nice with a couple of toast topped with some Franch Cheese or any mealting cheese.

5 comments:

  1. So, I decided to make this soup as I'm sick and thought it would make a nice dinner. This is good and really easy. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have a cold, I would suggest not adding cream or cheese as it may worsen nasal congestion and sinus issues. A great and very tasty recipe. regards Sinus Sufferer

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very tasty soup recipe, however as a sinus sufferer myself, I would suggest that if anyone has a cold or sinus issues, it may be beneficial to miss out adding cream or cheese.

    ReplyDelete