Sunday, February 6, 2011

You eating shrimp or prawn?

Am I the only one who is confused between shrimps and prawn?
I found out from internet that there´s actually a slight different between this 2..
Prawns and shrimps belong to the same family as crabs and lobsters and are similar in a number of ways. They are decapod crustaceans, which means that they have 10 legs and a hard shell covering their body, although the shell that covers prawns and shrimps is much thinner and not as hard as the shell of most other crustaceans.
I love shrimps..any dish with shrimps I dived in!
There are three types of shrimps in Sweden..one the typical swedish shrimp (Which is tiny and quite salty..they are normally sold frozen, peeled or unpeeled) The unpeeled on is of course sweeter because the shelf protected the sweetness of the fresh.

Here´s is how the swedish shrimps look like,they are easy to use, perfect for sandwich and quite cheap.


During the autumn, Swedish love to fish for clay fish..I am one of them!
If you did´nt see carefully, you can easily mistaken swedish clayfish for shrimps..
The different is the texture, the clay fish are normally more salty because they are been packed in canned or frozen. Of course the best is freshly hunted clayfish, but you can only hunt them once a year, and a special hunting permised are required and only at certain river only.

Clayfish boiled in strong beer - Lousianna style


Also the Italian way...Clayfish pasta



Here´s a another way of how I like to eat my clay fish..

Clayfish Omelette

Wok raw shrimps with sambal chilly


Wok shrimps with peppers

1 comment:

  1. I'm a vegan.. So I can't eat much of the food you display, but let me just say you look like an excellent cook! Wow... I used you sweet potato vermicelli recipe. Delicious!!

    ReplyDelete