Sunday, February 6, 2011

30 Mintues meals

Fabio often nagged about ketchap..so to make him quiet, I thought I try his recipe on how to make the "real" home-made tomatoes sauce from his previous Penne tonno e olive recipe.
I normally have only half hour to cook for dinner when I get home because Nelina is often hungry..you know she is growing like rocket!
Here are all the ingredients used for this meal...

I cut the sausage into smaller piece, fried them without oil on a medium frying pan..you will be surprise how much oil is "trapped" in one sausage!!! For half kg of sausage, I collected 70ml of pure fat!

While the sausage are working really hard trying to "burn" some fat,on the frying pan, I cut onions, pepper and leeks into smaller pieces.
When the sausage turn slightly brown, I placed it on a kitchen towel and left some oil from the sausage to fry the onion & vegetable. See, this is not only "lazy" way..too lazy to wash pan and also too stingy to use oil. But really there´s alot of flavours from the sausage oil, will be a sin to throw it away! It will add extra flavours to my dishes & sauce. When the vegetable is soft, I pour them into a plate & let it cool down.

To be honest, up till today, I still do not know how much pasta I should cook according to numbers of serving..Fabio, can you educate us on this please?
I cooked dry gomiti rigati in a large pasta pot with hot boiling water & a little olive oil & salt..while cooking I made the tomatoes sauce.
Again, I used the same pan with a little more of the oil from the sausage to fry the minced garlic for 1 min, I then add the fresh cherry & plums tomatoes and gently cooked it for another 10 min. I added some sugar & salt and of course I cheated...I add 1 tablespoon of tomatoes puree for the colours..we eat with our eyes remember? Colours is very important to me!

When the pasta is cooked, I pour the pasta into the tomatoes sauce and let them hang out for a while on the hot plate for flavours to penerate into pasta..then I pour lots of parmesan cheese into the warm pasta so it melt.
Now the pasta is ready!! I normally like to separate the fried vege because Nelina did´nt like pepper and leeks, but doing this she can choose not to add it to her dinner plate. Done! A meal prepared under 30 mintues!!!!! Buon appetito!

No comments:

Post a Comment